Question White stuff on its body!

Haoahhao

Reaction score
Hi i have a tetra that has this white stuff on both side of its body and it looks like thrs something hanging out! What is that?

its is a 10 gallon tank, with 5 tetras , 2 rasboras and a female betta(shes v friendly)
I do water change every week, 50%
i have them for almost 3 months.

OP
H

Haoahhao

Reaction score
Photos
Haoahhao said:
Hi i have a tetra that has this white stuff on both side of its body and it looks like thrs something hanging out! What is that?

its is a 10 gallon tank, with 5 tetras , 2 rasboras and a female betta(shes v friendly)
I do water change every week, 50%
i have them for almost 3 months.

Attachments

emilyyyyy

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Haoahhao said:
Are there any other physical symptoms, such as erratic swimming, lethargy, or anything else you have noticed?

OP
H

Haoahhao

Reaction score
Nope. His color still looks good just that i actly noticed a small spot on his body like a month back and thought that its nothing. But it seems like its spreaded ard its body.
Not lethargic, still swimming with his buddies

emilyyyyy

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Haoahhao said:
Nope. His color still looks good just that i actly noticed a small spot on his body like a month back and thought that its nothing. But it seems like its spreaded ard its body.
Not lethargic, still swimming with his buddies
Have you tested your water? If it is some
sort of fungal issue, that is usually due to poor water quality. I’ve been reading up on this and in my opinion, quarantine the fish in a separate tank. Dose the water with 1 tbsp of aquarium salt (freshwater aquarium salt. not marine, not epsom, or table salt) per 3 gallons of water. See how the fish does. I always try to see medication as a last resort.

New Threads