White Stuff In Frozen Bloodworm?

Sharkesse

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just a quick one as I can't seem to find anything online that matches my question!

I thawed out two blocks of Monkfield Nutrition Frozen Bloodworm in a little cup earlier this evening for my gang, added some tank water and swirled it around until it all broke down. When I added it into the water, I noticed that there seemed to be chunks of white stuff floating in the water alongside it. It looks almost like fluff, stringy white fibre clumps or cotton? I never saw this as the blocks were thawing, they looked all red and typical bloodworm-y. The cup itself is always rinsed out after use and left to air dry so it's not anything from a towel or residue from anything being left inside it.

Everyone was happily chowing down, but I'm a little apprehensive. I've never seen it in any frozen bloodworm I've added before, or live, so I'm not sure if this is normal or if I'm over-reacting. I lost my honey gouramI on Monday to a nasty bout of cottonmouth and now I'm worried I might have fungus infections on the brain.

Any google searches I've done don't seem to give me a definitive answer other than scaring me with disease talk (reminds me of if you google human symptoms for WebMB and suddenly cancer!)

I should have taken pictures, but I appreciate any advice!

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Its normal its just old worm skin stuff. I'm not sure if they molt or something but I buy live bloodworms and its always there.

New Threads