White Stuff In Cory Gills??? Help! 20 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'Corydoras' started by MelloKitty711, Jul 4, 2019.

1. MelloKitty711

MelloKitty711New MemberMember

I tried to get pictures of them but it was hard to get clear ones. This is very sudden, they were fine this morning and when I got back from a 4th of July party I noticed one has this weird white stuff sticking out of its gills and another has a faint trace of white in the gills. The 3rd one is fine for now. They have been in my tank at least 2 weeks no issues. I have 5 guppy fry in a mesh breeder but other than that no other fish.

It's a 20 gallon, 0 nitrates, 0 nitrites, .25 ppm ammonia and the ph is low and I'm going to purchase crushed coral tonight for that. Its 6.0. Tank has been running around a month and isn't cycled yet because of ph I'm pretty sure. It's a planted tank. Can someone please help me identify this?? I've noticed no other symptoms with them other than this just now. 20190704_170947.jpg20190704_170939.jpg20190704_170944.jpg20190704_170957.jpg

2. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

Hi, have you fed any live or frozen food recently? sometimes you’ll see that appearing out of the gills which can be concerning if you haven’t seen it before, if it isn’t that then I’m stumped, calling @DoubleDutch for more opinions

3. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

I've no idea to be honest. Could be fungus on damaged tissue or indeed food stuck in its gills.

4. OP
    OP
    MelloKitty711

MelloKitty711New MemberMember

I've only fed them omega one pellets recently. So I have no idea