White String (worm?) On Zebra Snail! Help

Discussion in 'Snails' started by Ot87, May 28, 2018.

1. O

Ot87 New Member Member

I got my first ever nerite snail two days ago and this morning I saw this on my snail (see pictures). The white thing is not moving, it and the snail have been exactly as pictured for the last half hour. The tank has 1 live plant, 3 moss balls, 3 ghost shrimp, and now this snail. What is this? Do I need to be concerned? Is it a worm?

Attached Files:

2. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

Does it move?

If so, it could be a parasite. I just think it’s poop.

3. OP
    OP
    O

Ot87 New Member Member

I did eventually see it move, but I was able to grab it with tweezers and get it out of the tank. Unfortunately, I think the snail died overnight. I found it upside down and half hanging out of its shell this morning. It wouldn't move when I touched it and it smelled pretty bad when I took it out of the water. I think I will stick with the ghost shrimp and plants moving forward.

4. c

clowy_5 New Member Member

Dont get discouraged it was just probably already sick from where you got it from i have 5 nerite snails in total and a mystery snail living with a colony of yellow shrimps, one thing i always do before picking one out from store is making sure its active and either on the glass or some decor.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice