White Sticky Whigly Organisms !

Discussion in 'Algae' started by SidTheAquarist, May 28, 2018.

1. SidTheAquarist

SidTheAquaristNew MemberMember

I see white sticky whighy organisms on the inside of fish tank's walls. They extend from bottom to 1/5th height of the fish tank only.

They get easily scrubbed off. This is their secind appearance after i scrubbed them off last week.

My 33g has 5 young discus, 2 rams and 9 cardinal tetras.

Are the white things white algea ? Or ich eggs (none of the fish have ich spots) ? Or something else ?

Please see the image - just above the sand, on the below-left and below-right of the fish.

Kindly advise. 20180528_183407.jpg

2. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus TankFishlore VIPMember

Can you get a closer picture?

Does it look like a tall spider?

3. OP
    OP
    SidTheAquarist

Hi, let me take out my camera and try to get a better pic today.

No it is not tall spider like.

In the mean time i attach the same photo. I have put circles around the area of concern and put in red arrows pointing to those things.

Thanks for your involvement. 20180528_183407.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2018
  4. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus TankFishlore VIPMember

Try scraping some off and putting them in clear cup with some water. Put the cup in front of a white background, and take some super close shots.

5. Faith Bennett

Faith BennettNew MemberMember

Do they look like tiny white worms? If they do, they’re harmless! I remember when I had them in my tank a while ago. Usually it’s from overfeeding or poor water quality. You can easily get rid of them by doing a few water changes a week and feeding less. But, they are completely harmless and actually a bit helpful with waste cleanup.

6. OP
    OP
    SidTheAquarist

Hey thanks all for your comments.
    Yes they look like tiny worms. I changed the water twice in 6 days and now they are not back.
    Trust it was a water issue.

7. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Detritous wprms by the sound of it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice