White Sticky Whigly Organisms !

1. SidTheAquarist

SidTheAquarist New Member Member

I see white sticky whighy organisms on the inside of fish tank's walls. They extend from bottom to 1/5th height of the fish tank only.

They get easily scrubbed off. This is their secind appearance after i scrubbed them off last week.

My 33g has 5 young discus, 2 rams and 9 cardinal tetras.

Are the white things white algea ? Or ich eggs (none of the fish have ich spots) ? Or something else ?

Please see the image - just above the sand, on the below-left and below-right of the fish.

Kindly advise. 20180528_183407.jpg

2. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

Can you get a closer picture?

Does it look like a tall spider?

3. OP
    OP
    SidTheAquarist

Hi, let me take out my camera and try to get a better pic today.

No it is not tall spider like.

In the mean time i attach the same photo. I have put circles around the area of concern and put in red arrows pointing to those things.

Thanks for your involvement. 20180528_183407.jpg

4. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

Try scraping some off and putting them in clear cup with some water. Put the cup in front of a white background, and take some super close shots.

5. Faith Bennett

Faith Bennett New Member Member

Do they look like tiny white worms? If they do, they’re harmless! I remember when I had them in my tank a while ago. Usually it’s from overfeeding or poor water quality. You can easily get rid of them by doing a few water changes a week and feeding less. But, they are completely harmless and actually a bit helpful with waste cleanup.

6. OP
    OP
    SidTheAquarist

Hey thanks all for your comments.
    Yes they look like tiny worms. I changed the water twice in 6 days and now they are not back.
    Trust it was a water issue.

7. s

smee82 Fishlore VIP Member

Detritous wprms by the sound of it