White spots on tank glass?

lvlacic

I noticed whites round spots on tank? I have snails.

What could those be, and should I just leave them?

Thanks

Attachments

• whiteSpots.jpg
    whiteSpots.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 22

Dunk2

I noticed whites round spots on tank? I have snails.

What could those be, and should I just leave them?

Thanks
Nerite snail eggs?

Not sure if it’s just the picture, but they might be bigger than I’m used to for Nerite eggs.

StarGirl

Do you have cories? They kinda look like their eggs.

lvlacic

Do you have cories? They kinda look like their eggs.
Yes, I have 4 Cory Catfish. If they are indeed eggs, will they hatch? I really wish so.

StarGirl

I dont have any cory experience. We can call in Coradee or DoubleDutch on this one.

bored411

Yes, I have 4 Cory Catfish. If they are indeed eggs, will they hatch? I really wish so.
From what I know, female Cory will lay eggs but unless there is a male Cory there to fertilize them, they’re not going to hatch.

DoubleDutch

These look fertilised though (getting brownish)

bored411

These look fertilised though (getting brownish)
If they are, then they are probably fertilized. I would put them in a breeder box or a separate tank if you want to keep them. The fry are super small and can easily get eaten or sucked up in a current from your tank. If you can, remove any unfertilized ones (clear or white) because they can grow fungus. The fertilized ones should hatch in a few days.

lvlacic

If they are, then they are probably fertilized. I would put them in a breeder box or a separate tank if you want to keep them. The fry are super small and can easily get eaten or sucked up in a current from your tank. If you can, remove any unfertilized ones (clear or white) because they can grow fungus. The fertilized ones should hatch in a few days.
Thanks for the info, but what makes you think they are fertilized? They are all completely white.

bored411

Thanks for the info, but what makes you think they are fertilized? They are all completely white.
Sorry! I was replying to DoubleDutch without realizing it wasn't them who was asking.

Fertilized ones are typically a brownish/beige color. Unfertilized are white or clear. You should probably remove them if they're unfertilized because they can easily grow fungus.

connorjs1004

I have these in my tank that has nerites as well, but I do not have corys in it.
Hmm???

bored411

I have these in my tank that has nerites as well, but I do not have corys in it.
Hmm???
Do you have multiple nerites? Could be snail eggs.

connorjs1004

Do you have multiple nerites? Could be snail eggs.
Yea I've got 5 of them so probably snail eggs

bored411

Yea I've got 5 of them so probably snail eggs
Snails can reproduce a lot so I would either try to find the culprit or just continuously remove the eggs if you don't want a tank full of them. My sister has 3 tanks just littered with snails because of them reproducing so much.

connorjs1004

Snails can reproduce a lot so I would either try to find the culprit or just continuously remove the eggs if you don't want a tank full of them. My sister has 3 tanks just littered with snails because of them reproducing so much.
You dont have to worry about nerite babies, even though they may lay eggs, they need brackish water to actually hatch

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
nmct49
Replies
Views
kanzekatores
Replies
Views
Chris1212
20 Gallon Tank What is this? Pest?
Replies