White Spots On Gold Fish Hump

1. Manideep

Manideep New Member Member

hello
    May i know what are this white spots on my gold fish hump and please give me the remedy also

Thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. GrayGray4231

GrayGray4231 Well Known Member Member

That is ich.

3. FriarThomasIII

FriarThomasIII Well Known Member Member

How large is that tank? And it looks like it might be ich

4. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

I'm not sure if it's ich at this point cause you don't see it on the fins. I'm not shooting down that it is ich either. It could also be a bacteria problem as well due to the size of the tank. Looks really small based on the pictures.

If it is ich you'll see that it's a sugary grains around the whole body. You can treat this with ich medication or turn up the heat up slowly to 86 degrees. If it's a bacteria problem, it's likely due to the water conditions. Goldfish are messy and produce a lot of biowaste. If your tank is too small it really opens the doors to infections and diseases. It's like living in a closet, you can't move well and it's so closed off you'll smell everything.

5. FriarThomasIII

FriarThomasIII Well Known Member Member

Going off of what Fahsooga said, you NEED to have 20 gallons for a single goldfish and then an additional 10 for each other goldfish. So for what seems like 4 goldfish in the picture, you need 50 gallons for them, and being in a small tank will lead to more disease and stunting, which is where a fish doesn't have the space to grow, so it doesn't. The skeleton doesn't grow but the organs still do, pressing up against the skeleton until death by organ failure. It also lowers their immune system and make them have much shorter lifespans.

6. scarface

scarface Fishlore VIP Member

It’s not ich. That I know for sure.

7. jdhef

jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

It doesn't look like ich to me. It looks like a growth that goldfish are prone to get. It has a name, but I forget what it is. I think it's lymph...something. A google search should turn up what it is called. My goldfish had it, and I could never figure out how to get rid of it. But he lived for several years with it.