White Spots on Frog

KBfrog

About a week ago, I noticed that one of my two African Dwarf Frogs had developed three white-ish spots on his head. I thought this might have been because he was about to shed because I often notice their skin gets paler in certain areas before they do so, but they have not gone away and now I am noticing one of them looks like its slightly fuzzy and am worried that it might be a fungus. His behavior is otherwise quite normal, he is eating, not hiding anymore than what is expected, and isn't making any attempts to escape the aquarium water. The other frog in the tank with him hasn't exhibited any symptoms as far as I can see. They live in a 10- gallon together.
Would it be safe to treat both of them with a fungal medicine, just in case? If so, what brand should I give them?

Lucy

Sorry this went unanswered
How is your frog?

Upvote 0

KBfrog

Thank you for checking in, that means a lot! He is still doing well and seems completely unbothered. I ended up taking him to our nearby exotic vet who gave me a topical cream as an inexpensive way to try and solve the problem. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to have worked, as the spots are still there, though they do look like they might have healed a little bit, and they certainly haven't gotten any worse or started stressing him out. While this is a pretty uneducated guess, I'm starting to wonder if maybe he scraped his head on some hard decor, as he likes to wedge himself under and next to things occasionally. I'm going to try and find smoother, less abrasive decorative caves for him to hide in.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sokamix
Replies
Views
AstralBoii
Replies
Views
Honem
  • Question