White Spots On Decor (with Pictures)

ssepiii

Hi!

I have had my 46l aquarium running for about 3-4 months. Since about 2 weeks or so I started seeing white spots on my driftwood and this week they started showing on the plants and glass also. Can anyone here tell me what the spots are and how to get rid of them?

I have:
12 Rummynose tetras
7 Corydoras habrosus
6 KuhlI loach
~ 15 Caridina shrimp

I also had a male betta that died of some kind of disease (pic included), could this be related to the white spots?

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    63.6 KB · Views: 56
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 58
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    43.6 KB · Views: 48

bgclarke

Do the white spots on the glass move?

ssepiii

Do the white spots on the glass move?
No they don't. It looks kind of like paint spots (2 dimensional, no thickness) and feels slimy. They are also easily removed but grow back fast.

ssepiii

Now after writing this there have been multiple deaths in the tank. This week 3 of my Corys and 2 of my Tetras have died. Before that one Caridina shrimp died but I guess it was unrelated. The first dead Cory I didn't spot right away and when I saw it it was completely covered with white fuzz. The others I spotted right away and on one of them had a conspicuously yellow belly that also looked ripped open. Could be that the others had begun to eat on it but I have never seen them eat a dead fish before so I doubt it.

The Rummynose tetras have acted weird the whole week. They'we always been a little shy but now they seem extremely shy just sitting in a dark corner. One of them I euthanised as it isolated it self from the others and it had white fuzz on its side and fins. Also when looked from the top it was very dark compared to the others. The other one laid dead at the top of the tank without significant signs of illness.

All of the fish are still eating normally and all water parameters are as in the original post, the fish just seem to die off one by one at a higher rate than normal.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
vinsgirl
Replies
Views
FishyDudeMan
Replies
Views
fjh
  • Question
Replies