White spots on bamboo shrimp?

BongWtrAquarius

So hi, over the last few days I’ve noticed a few white spots form on the side of one of my bamboo shrimp (who has recently molted for the first time since I got her). it doesn’t look like examples of the infection white spot I see on most other pictures as there are only around three or four spots. Is this something I should be concerned about?

apologies for the awful picture quality. 1BB94AFB-EED7-47DB-B759-DAAE6BF41144.jpegD5BFF548-B799-4D23-AE26-E4EDC850AC0E.jpeg1BB94AFB-EED7-47DB-B759-DAAE6BF41144.jpegD5BFF548-B799-4D23-AE26-E4EDC850AC0E.jpeg

ChrissFishes01

It could just be her coloration. I had one (although mine was much, much more of a red than yours is, so it could have been a different variety) and she had a few spots of white/black that would show up at different points in her molting process. It wasn't an infection, and I had that shrimp for several years, so she lived a long life.

BongWtrAquarius

It could just be her coloration. I had one (although mine was much, much more of a red than yours is, so it could have been a different variety) and she had a few spots of white/black that would show up at different points in her molting process. It wasn't an infection, and I had that shrimp for several years, so she lived a long life.

Ah thanks a lot! I was really concerned that it could be an infection, but after looking at her some more that would actually make sense.

Top Bottom