White Spots On Aquarium Glass!

1. Kam0724

Kam0724 New Member Member

AD719371-B5F7-422C-89E9-1EAD4A23696F.png
    hello, today I noticed these white spots covering all sides of my aquarium today. They appeared to shift in the current from my filter but stay attached to the glass. I tried scraping it off but appears to already be coming back. I’m hoping I just missed a spot and it won’t full blown come back but I really don’t think I missed any. I was checking the glass repeatedly.

2. GettinTanked

GettinTanked Valued Member Member

3. ams083

ams083 Valued Member Member

Might be something bacterial. Sometimes if I put too much powdered fraction in my tank I get a bacteria buildup on my glass. A quick wipe over gets rid of it, otherwise the fish seem to like eating at it.

What do you use as a dechlorinator?

4. OP
    OP
    Kam0724

5. GettinTanked

GettinTanked Valued Member Member

After further research, maybe it's not hydra. The photos I found that look exactly like yours were just from people in forums asking if it was hydra. The responses they got were vague, but in general it seems like they were newer aquariums and after being scraped off a few times the white spots weren't a problem anymore. Various fish also ate them. Good luck!

6. OP
    OP
    Kam0724

That's good news for me and my tank hopefully! Thank you :)

7. Keystone

Keystone Well Known Member Member

Kind of reminds me of Bryozoans

8. ams083

ams083 Valued Member Member

More than likely what it is. A combination of that, lighting and food etc. I wouldn’t concern my self with it - only the look of it.