White spots on aquarium glass - Please help!!!!

nmct49

Hi, There has been some weird white spots/blobs on my 40 gal aquarium glass that just appeared out of no where and I can't figure out what it could be. When you look really close you can see some of the little white dots moving around but its way to small to capture in a picture or video.

In the tank I have 7 molly fry, 4 nerite snails, and a bristlenose pleco.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Attachments

• IMG-1204.PNG
    IMG-1204.PNG
    584.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG-1206.PNG
    IMG-1206.PNG
    663.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-1207.PNG
    IMG-1207.PNG
    665.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG-1208.PNG
    IMG-1208.PNG
    710.8 KB · Views: 44

Passionfish

Hi, There has been some weird white spots/blobs on my 40 gal aquarium glass that just appeared out of no where and I can't figure out what it could be. When you look really close you can see some of the little white dots moving around but its way to small to capture in a picture or video.

In the tank I have 7 molly fry, 4 nerite snails, and a bristlenose pleco.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!
is it on the outside or the inside of your tank?

Upvote 0

nmct49

its on the inside, when i first noticed it i thought it was a face smudge then realized it was inside

is it on the outside or the inside of your tank?
its on the inside, i thought it was a smudge on the outside but it wasnt
I'm pretty sure hydra don't congregate in such large numbers like that, especially that close together.
i looked up hydra and it doesnt look like that

Upvote 0

Spudsssy

I'm pretty sure hydra don't congregate in such large numbers like that, especially that close together.

Yep looking again I'm very wrong .

Is it new tank? Iv had all sorts of coloured algae and growths in cycling tanks.

Upvote 0

nmct49

Yep looking again I'm very wrong .

Is it new tank? Iv had all sorts of coloured algae and growths in cycling tanks.

not really its been running for about 6 months, had fry born on nov 25th and the mom lived there about 2 weeks before birth. I've had a lot of black algae grow when I was fixing a low ph problem but then added 4 nerite snails and the black algae has been at very minimum since

Upvote 0

Passionfish

not really its been running for about 6 months, had fry born on nov 25th and the mom lived there about 2 weeks before birth. I've had a lot of black algae grow when I was fixing a low ph problem but then added 4 nerite snails and the black algae has been at very minimum since
I have no idea what that is. Best to look on the internet for some kind of bacteria growth.

Upvote 0

mattgirl

From your original written discription I was sure I was going to see pest snail eggs but I am at a loss as to what this is. If it were me I would lower the water level and scrape off as much of it as possible.

Upvote 0

richiep

It doesn't look alive , I've never come across anything quite like it

Upvote 0

nmct49

From your original written discription I was sure I was going to see pest snail eggs but I am at a loss as to what this is. If it were me I would lower the water level and scrape off as much of it as possible.
I did get some off when I did a water change but i didn’t want to scrap it off and float off into the water
It doesn't look alive , I've never come across anything quite like it

I didn’t think it was alive either until I spent time really focusing and could see little organism/ cell looking things moving around in the white blob
I also lost my bristlenose yesterday

Upvote 0

richiep

Sorry to hear about your fish, any chance of getting what you can actually see on video or picture to see if someone can identify this, if you start loosing livestock you may want to think about a quarantine tank for them

Upvote 0

nmct49

Sorry to hear about your fish, any chance of getting what you can actually see on video or picture to see if someone can identify this, if you start loosing livestock you may want to think about a quarantine tank for them
I will try to get a picture and video later but my quarantine tank(10 gal) is currently over full due to an ich infestation in my other tank

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ams083

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom