Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

White Spots In Black Phantom Tetra Help

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by goonersid, Mar 25, 2019.

1. goonersidNew MemberMember

Hope everyone is doing good :) I'm noticing a few white spots on my black phantoms.. Have attached pics of the same... Is this something I should be worried about? The fishes are all fine and don't seem to be sick... Was getting worried if I'm missing to notice any symptoms... IMG_20190325_145444.jpgIMG_20190325_145443_01.jpgIMG_20190325_145443.jpg

2. H2oAngelsValued MemberMember

Hard to tell from the photos but this appears to be “ich”. I am new to the hobby but ich is a common tank issue. I know there are some pretty simple store bought remedies. Give “fish ich” a google and see if you can diagnose it. I’m sure a more experienced aquarist will chime in at some point throughout the day, might even save you the google.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019
  3. IboughtmykidfishWell Known MemberMember

Hello :)
    It looks like ich to me also, but the pics are a tad blurry. Ich looks like they got salt sprinkled on them. If you catch it quick (which it seems like you did) they won't necessarily show any symptoms yet, and it is generally easy to treat. Theres a lot of over the counter meds for ich, and also the heat/salt method works well if you want to avoid meds. Just make sure whichever method you use, the treatement is safe for all your fish. Some inverts/scaleless fish can't handle certain ich meds but it will say on the package if you can use it with them or not. Good luck!

4. goonersidNew MemberMember

Thanks a lot...I have raised the temp to 30 and have also added salt 1tbsp per gallon.. Hoping to see an improvement... So far the Harlequins have never shown any signs or coating on them.. Just the BP's... Also I felt the main reason they might have caught ick was due to lack of oxygen as the tank is closed most of the time and the filter wasn't at its best...

5. goonersidNew MemberMember

Thanks mate... Have started off from the lead you have given...:)

6. H2oAngelsValued MemberMember

Absolutely. That’s what we’re here for!