white spot

1. Marlena Initiate Member

Yesterday I bought 4 Rosy Barbs from my local fish store. When I got home I noticed A white dot right in the middle of two of the fishes eyes. Does anyone know what this is or could it hurt my other fish? Do you think that the fish are blind? What should I do?
    Thank You Marlena

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Marlena Welcome to fish lore!!
    Stop in the welcome forum and tell us a little about you and your fish.
    Does your swim ok? Does it act sick? Keep an eye on it and keep up your water changes, this seems to keep your fish well and heal them more than anything else. hope hat helps.
    Carol

3. Marlena Initiate Member

The fish look ok. They are swiming around ok and they are eating. It does not look like ick. I just do not know.

4. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Sounds like your doing a good job already by being so observant. Remember to do your water changes and keep an eye on it. Doesn't sound like anything contagious to your other fish. maybe an old injury.
    Carol

5. Marlena Initiate Member

Thank you for your help Marlena.

6. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Always glad to help!!! Yell if you need nything else ;D
    Carol

7. jim55379 Member Member

was the white spot ick? And if so arre they still alive??? ??? :mad: :-X

8. Marlena Initiate Member

Yes it was Ick. All of the fish lived. I hope that it never happens again. Thanks for your help. Marlena

9. jim55379 Member Member

hmmmm??? success??? Please let me know your secret. Ive lost 2 tanks already. I think the 2nd tank because I used that malcite and I believe that killed them quicker than the actual ick. what did you use? Did you turn your heater real high like to 90 degrees?