White Spot

LarryDavid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My 2 Clown Loach have something that can only be described as white spots all over them, there dorsal fins are cropped and they seem very lethargic, i already have lost a RAM to it, the gentleman at my fish supplier says it is white spot and gave me a dark green treatment for it now ive introduced it exactly how instructed, 1 drop per gallon then if the same after 48 hours repeat now its been like 3 days and still no change, in fact its gettin worse

Any sugestions?

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
It sounds like ich to me. Just raise the temperature so that the organisms multiply and completly break out. Then add the medicine to kill all of them fully.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Does the gentleman at the store know what disease he gave you the treatment for? It also sounds like Ich to me. Does the gentleman know it is Ich? If the spots are grain-like, that's definitely Ich. So if he gave you a medication for something else than Ich, this is why it's not working, and it may even hurt the fish if he misdiagnosed.

On this website: , it says that in case of Ich you should "Treat with Maracide or CopperSafe. Use Maracyn-Two or Maracyn or Tetracycline Tablets or TriSulfa to prevent secondary infections from bacteria."

LarryDavid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
All cleared now

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'm very glad to hear this Chris