white spot or not??

1. Craig Well Known Member Member

my female swordtail has 1 small white spot on its tail but she is really active and not showin any signs of ich does she hav it??

thanks for the comments C W

2. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Don't know :( Just watch it and keep up the water changes
    Carol

3. Jason Well Known Member Member

if it gets larger or eats away the tail, then you ought to panic... Not really but you know what I mean

4. Craig Well Known Member Member

well the strange white spot has disappeared got in from skool dropped the bags looked at her and its gone!!!!! its my quality water i think that did the trick ! its the way 2 do it and to prevent it :D

5. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Yep you did good ;)
    Carol

6. Craig Well Known Member Member

it was weird though she was so active and everythin it was only 1 white spot !! i dont think it was ich! is there any other explanations on what it could b? ?

7. Craig Well Known Member Member

i also when i get new fish ,when i put them in, i cover my tank with a towel so its in complete darkness 2 reduce stress 4 the fish but i cover my tank every night b4 i go 2 bed so the tank is in complete darkness it also keeps the temperature the same on cold nights, lol im away 2 do homework!!!

C W :(

8. Craig Well Known Member Member

will my swordtails b able 2 survive in a pH at about 6.8 ? ? it doesnt effect my guppies ??

C W

9. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

They should be fine.
    Have you checked to see what the ph at your fish store is? That would let you know how much you need to acclimate your fish when they get home.
    Carol

10. Craig Well Known Member Member

no butterfly i havent il do it next time good idea, thankin u!!

C W