White Spot On Oscar Eye

Cass holder

Reaction score
How many gallons is your tank? Its a 3ft long 1 1/2ft high 1 ft deep tank don't know gallons exactly
Does it have a filter? Yes and aerator bar 2 1/2 ft long
Does it have a heater? Yes but not turned on at the moment as it is hot here in Queensland Australia and don't need heater during spring summer.
What is the water temperature? About 26°C.

My oscar has just developed a white spot on one eye. Whats it from and what do I do. Attached pic of eye hope it loaded

Hello is anyone there. Please

Attachments

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Hello, and welcome to fishlore!

Your tank is much too small for an oscar, it's measuring out at about 33 gallons, which is extremely undersized.
Oscars need tanks at least 75 gallons, bigger recommended for adult oscars.
Is the spot fluffy at all, or is it like a film over the eye? My best guess is that this is cloudy eye, which is treatable.

What are your water parameters?

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would think it’s a bacterial infection due to the small tank. Usually caused by bad water. Usually a good water change over time will help but like the others say the tank size is the problem that is causing this.

!poogs!

Well Known
Reaction score
Last time I say this was on a surrendered Oscar at a LPS in a 300 gallon tank. It came from a tank that was too small, and had the same ulcer on its eye. It was an albino as well, not sure if that’s coincidence.

New Threads