White spot on oranda head

Effieee

My oranda goldfish just recently got a white spot on her head and another tiny one on her tail fin. I don’t think it’s ich because I’ve had her for like 3-4 months and haven’t added anything into the tank recently, but I’m not sure what else it could be. If anyone has any idea what it could be I would love some brainstorming! She’s acting the same as ever and isn’t scratching or lethargic, and no other fish have anything on them. I took a picture but she swims a lot so it might not be easy to see, but it’s a small raised white bump on her wen. She’s in a 75g with 3 other goldfish, a juvenile sailfin pleco, 1 platy, and 3 cory cats if that helps

Attachments

• D2C8B283-86F5-49FB-95B4-92EA9D666E14.jpeg
    D2C8B283-86F5-49FB-95B4-92EA9D666E14.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 16

pomfish

My oranda goldfish just recently got a white spot on her head and another tiny one on her tail fin. I don’t think it’s ich because I’ve had her for like 3-4 months and haven’t added anything into the tank recently, but I’m not sure what else it could be. If anyone has any idea what it could be I would love some brainstorming! She’s acting the same as ever and isn’t scratching or lethargic, and no other fish have anything on them. I took a picture but she swims a lot so it might not be easy to see, but it’s a small raised white bump on her wen. She’s in a 75g with 3 other goldfish, a juvenile sailfin pleco, 1 platy, and 3 cory cats if that helps
Hi, she's such a cutie! I had a goldfish that was more sensitive to nitrates and when the nitrates would reach above 40 ppm she would get fungal infections. They were whitish larger spots on her. If so, Seachem Paragaurd always worked well for me for external diseases. Aquarium salt also helps as well!

I'm not entirely sure if that's what your oranda has but it reminded me of that!

Effieee

Hi, she's such a cutie! I had a goldfish that was more sensitive to nitrates and when the nitrates would reach above 40 ppm she would get fungal infections. They were whitish larger spots on her. If so, Seachem Paragaurd always worked well for me for external diseases. Aquarium salt also helps as well!

I'm not entirely sure if that's what your oranda has but it reminded me of that!
Thank you! My filter had a problem for a while where it wasn’t working properly (I fixed it a few days ago) but I wonder if that caused the spot? Do you use paraguard for the whole tank or just the affected fish?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
sydrc
Replies
Views
AggressiveAquatics
Replies
Views
grac3
Replies
Views