White Spot On Fish. Ich?

Bettaowner14

Reaction score
Theres a single white spot near the gill of my betta. I took a photo as best as I could.. No other white spots on his body. Could this be ich? Or could it be a scale? It sticks out a little bit.

Tank: Filtered and Heated 5 gallon tank, set at 78 degrees.

Any opinions help. Thank you very much.
6E2527EB-BDFF-41EB-B3B1-020EB407D392.jpeg

LittleBlueGuppy

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Could be, what are your perimeters? I would just keep an eye on it and see if it spreads, it’s too soon to know for sure I think. It’s difficult to tell from the pics, could it be he just scratched a scale off? Mine does that all the time.

CheshireKat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Could be. Or could be an injury. Or a scale. One spot doesn't tell us much. Has long has it been there?
When you start getting more than one spot, that's when to be concerned. Right now just watching for more probably is the best option.

Bettaowner14

Reaction score
Could be, what are your perimeters? I would just keep an eye on it and see if it spreads, it’s too soon to know for sure I think. It’s difficult to tell from the pics, could it be he just scratched a scale off? Mine does that all the time.
Yeah it just as hard to tell in person if it is a scale or ich. I’ll check my perimeters next, but they should check out. And yes, maybe it’s too soon to assume.

Bettaowner14

Reaction score
Could be. Or could be an injury. Or a scale. One spot doesn't tell us much. Has long has it been there?
When you start getting more than one spot, that's when to be concerned. Right now just watching for more probably is the best option.
Thanks, appreciate the input. It’s been there for about 4 days. So you’re right, it’s probably a good idea to wait for another spot to show. Hopefully it’s still treatable at that time. At the same time I also wouldn’t want to treat unnecessarily, so I’ll keep a close eye.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom