White spot on bettas mouth ?

Blueberrybetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Ive had this little guy 5 days now . I opened the lid at home and I noticed he had a white spot on his top lip. I checked and there's no other white spots , like ick, anywhere. Just his lip.

The day I got him, I acclimated him into my cycled 10 gallon stocked with tannin and plants. I did 25% WC the first 3 days just to be safe . Water parameters are 7.0/0/0/10.

Does the dot look fungal and will it spread ? It's been 5 days and it hasnt gotten worse ! But it hasn't gotten better .

Only thing I have for him is Aquarium salt and IAL/rooibos tea. Should I start dosing with medication now ? Or wait and see if clean water will help it go away .

I was just hoping to see a little improvement by now being in a clean tank :/

Any tips or recommendations? Dont want to lose this beautiful boy
20200227_024615.jpg
20200223_155021.jpg

Addictedtobettas

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
If it were me I’d stay the course as long as he’s active and eating and there’s no new growth.
I’ve freaked out more times than I care to admit over odd coloration and spots on the bettas in particular. Sometimes it’s just a marking or a small spot of damage.

Blueberrybetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Addictedtobettas said:
If it were me I’d stay the course as long as he’s active and eating and there’s no new growth.
I’ve freaked out more times than I care to admit over odd coloration and spots on the bettas in particular. Sometimes it’s just a marking or a small spot of damage.
Yeah considering he came with the dot, It's hard to say what it is. It's so small I can't tell if its fuzzy . Hopefully it will go away being with him in a tank .

If it does get worse or happen to spread , would Furan-2 work? Or have you used any medication that's worked for you?

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads