White Spot? Ich? Help Please :( Help

Discussion in 'Clownfish' started by Shja8789, Nov 2, 2018.

1. Shja8789

Shja8789New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +7
    Hi everyone,

I am recently purchased a percula clownfish about 3 weeks ago and he has some white fluffy looking stuff on him which seems to have gotten worse.

Does anyone know what this is and how to treat? Please see below photos

Thanks in advance for any help.. much appreciated.

IMG_9166.JPG

IMG_9165.

2. AquaticJ

AquaticJFishlore VIPMember

Ratings:
    +4,455
    Experience:
    5 years
    Definitely not Ich. Ich shouldn’t be fluffy. I’m more of a freshwater fish keeper, but I know what Ich looks like on marine fish. Hopefully someone else can identify the issue. @stella1979

3. stella1979

stella1979ModeratorModerator Member

Ratings:
    +9,572
    Experience:
    5 to 10 years
    Definitely not ich. It's more likely fungal but could also be viral. I hope it's fungal as that may be treatable... but I'd suggest you research Lymphocystis. I had a clown with that in the past and learned that although it's not curable, a fish with a strong immune system and a healthy diet may live their whole lives asymptomatically and comfortably with this virus. The goal with this virus is to make and keep the fish strong enough to combat symptoms.

4. OP
    OP
    Shja8789

Shja8789New MemberMember

Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks guys. Yes I researched Lymphocystis also called cauliflower disease apparently. That’s deffinately what he had. Unfortunately he died a couple of days ago :( I was really shocked as he was finally starting to look better and the white stuff was disappearing. I read that the disease/virus is untreatable and just to keep healthy water parameters and they will eventually recover. He looked quite happy enough and active and was eating fine then all of a sudden he was dead :( I’m thinking he might have picked up a secondary infection since his immune was low maybe.. But thanks anyway guys a little more knowledge to the bank for me.

Become a Fishlore Member