Help White Slime Mold Halp

mcloomis

Reaction score

Well, darn. Last night i noticed what apeares to be white slime mold stuff on squidwards house, an this morning i also noticed a tiny bit of it on the heater. My biggest concern is weather its harmfull to my betta, and how shall i remove it?

Last edited by a moderator:

A201

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks like common tank fungus. Just remove the fungus covered objects and wipe them off. Nutrients & waste have apparently overwhelmed the system, allowing the fungus population to bloom & feed on the excesses. Be careful not to over feed & keep up with the weekly 50% WC.

mcloomis

Reaction score
Looks like common tank fungus. Just remove the fungus covered objects and wipe them off. Nutrients & waste have apparently overwhelmed the system, allowing the fungus population to bloom & feed on the excesses. Be careful not to over feed & keep up with the weekly 50% WC.
ok. I recently been doing 25% waterchanges because I thought the beneficial bacteria have populatade enough to take care of it, but its seems i'm wrong and need to continue the 50% changes.

ok, that's a relief.

sinned4g63

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Are they new additions? Not to contradict, but a lot of new rubber and plastic equipment will grow this stuff. It either goes away in time or you can wipe it off/suck it out but it is harmless.

mcloomis

Reaction score
Are they new additions? Not to contradict, but a lot of new rubber and plastic equipment will grow this stuff. It either goes away in time or you can wipe it off/suck it out but it is harmless.
only squidward's house (Christmas present from my brother)

sinned4g63

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
only squidward's house (Christmas present from my brother)
I always see it with new stuff in my tanks like suction cups on heaters and thermometers in particular. Personally I like to remove it cause its unsightly, I just use a waste dropper/Turkey baster and leave what that won't pick up.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom