White Skirt Tetra Tank Mate Lists?

Discussion in 'Tetras' started by BaseballMom, Mar 15, 2019.

1. BaseballMom

BaseballMomValued MemberMember

Anyone know where I can get the best list of tank mates suitable for white skirt tetras? I have 7 glofish tetras in a 38 gallon tank and I REALLY need to get them some company. I can't seem to get a list beyond basics like danios ugh.

2. AJE

AJEFishlore VIPMember

Cory cats, bettas, most smaller fish

3. OP
    OP
    BaseballMom

A betta really? cool. Thanks

4. AJE

AJEFishlore VIPMember

People over hype how aggressive betas are, in my opinion

5. OP
    OP
    BaseballMom

Im traveling 40 minutes to a fish store so I was hoping to get a whole list of what I can keep. I dont know what this store has.

6. AJE

AJEFishlore VIPMember

As long as it is around the same size as the tetras it should be fine

7. Iboughtmykidfish

IboughtmykidfishWell Known MemberMember

Skirt tetras are pretty versatile, beyond whats been said you could have gouramis, bolivian rams, platys, just about anything that is temp compatible will work with them. As for a betta, it may or may not work, i just suggest having a backup plan incase things don't go so well.

8. AJE

AJEFishlore VIPMember

I guaranty a Betta can live with the tetras, they swim fast and don’t have long fins

9. david1978

david1978Fishlore LegendMember

Personally in a community tank I would try to stay with a short finned betta. Plakat male or female. The only fish I would stay away from with skirt tetras are fish with really long fins or big enough to eat them. Temp wise they have a big range. For a combination that will school with your current glo tetras you can get black skirts and white skirt tetras to have a mix of different morphs of the same fish.

10. OP
    OP
    BaseballMom

I actually have 2 in the tank that have longer fins that the other ones do. Does that matter? Was also debating some guppies for the top?

11. OP
    OP
    BaseballMom

I wanted some variety in the tank. Im BORED with these glofish LOL they hide all day and only come out at feeding time. I need to stir things up a bit

12. david1978

david1978Fishlore LegendMember

I know the feeling. I ended up getting swordtails today for my tank.