White ring of death-could any of these parameters be causing it?

Ssnaaiil

tank info:
10 gallon planted, cherry shrimps only

I use api liquid test kits

Kh 8 drops
Gh 15 drops
Ph 8.1-8.2
Ammonia less than .25
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5.0

Could any of these parameters be causing the white ring of death in my shrimps?Nothing new has been done to this tank and it was going great for over a year then suddenly like 2 weeks ago my shrimps started dying with the white ring

EDIT: there is multiple shrimps in this tank also that have molted successfully

richiep

If its been going over a year then some are coming to the end of their life,

Upvote 0

Ssnaaiil

If its been going over a year then some are coming to the end of their life,
The smaller/younger ones have been dying too. They have been breeding like crazy and a lot of the ones dying are the younger ones. Only a few bigger/older ones

Upvote 0

Ssnaaiil

How are you doing your water changes
I have always done a 60% water change and just put water in, not dripping….just now started having problems

Upvote 0

richiep

60% and putting stright cause shock, failed moult,death it the temp is out by mor than a few degrees, and unless you do a ph reading of both tank and source you could be having ph swings that will show failed moult and death
15 to 20% maximum on your water change is more than enough, to many things can go wrong if not checked before big changes
High ph will over time 12 month start to cause health problems as in eating, slowing of breeding, moult issues, all this needs to.br taken into consideration

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Debbie1986
  • Question
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views
Mandarabe