White Ramshorn

kbn

There's a YouTube channel called Fish For Thought where the host has white Ramshorn snails. I thought they looked super cool but when I sgoohles them nothing showed up. Nada. Theyre not albino snails, they're proper white strain ramshorns. Theres not a single mention of them in the internet though, does anyone know white Ramshorn snails? Btw, he doesn't breed them, they just happen to be in his tanks

Ghelfaire

Are you sure they aren't a very pale blue? Mine look white/grey under the right lighting but are actually pale blue.

Attachments

Demeter

I've heard of them but never seen them myself. Sounds like a variation of the pink line to me.

The only white rams I have (other than those with shell erosion) are big mature blues.

54E8C739-DC47-41C9-934E-22239A32B2B8.jpeg

03D5D90B-1F3E-44B1-BA96-CBC2E0AB1F03.jpeg

kbn

They're actually really white. As white as marble

Like if you carved a block of solid white marble into Ramshorn snails, that's what they look like

Demeter

Sounds more like shell erosion to me then. Can you link a specific video along with the timing so we can see them? I did search the channel and only found one video specific to snails that didn't show much of the white rams.

kbn

Go to 1:46 into the video , he talks about them for a couple of minutes and you can see some. He has red ones in other tanks and hes pretty experienced so I don't think he will pass off shell erosion as a natural white colour. Btw, I love his channel and his sarcasm

kbn

What do you make of that huh

kbn

Guys, no comments? Surely someone must know them? He can't be the only one on earth who has them right....

Ghelfaire

kbn said:
Guys, no comments? Surely someone must know them? He can't be the only one on earth who has them right....
They must be a a lighter version of blue or pink. Those are the only white shelled (non albino) ones that I can find anywhere.

Mhamilton0911

I just saw the thread, but I'm curious too.

I'm getting some totally clear shelled snails, with various body colors, pink, peach, blue, brown. I'm interested to see how they grow, they look different and clear right away. They stand out among the others so I'm starting to separate them.

I'm not seeing white though. Interested to see what the flesh looks like, they video didn't show.

Ghelfaire

Mhamilton0911 said:
I found a chart on pinterest detailing common color morphs.
Yeah ive seen that too but unless it comes with pictures of the actual snails you can't believe everything you see on pinterest.

I bet the bodies of the snails he has aren't white but the shells are.

kbn

Ghelfaire said:
Yeah ive seen that too but unless it comes with pictures of the actual snails you can't believe everything you see on pinterest.

Yeah they have haemoglobin so it stands to reason that the flesh won't be white. Might be very light pink, if it's too reddish, the colour will show through the shells.

jpaquatics

They look like the normal pink ramshorns to me

kbn

Ghelfaire said:

Yeah they have haemoglobin so it stands to reason that the flesh won't be white. Might be very light pink, if it's too reddish, the colour will show through the shells.
jpaquatics said:
They look like the normal pink ramshorns to me
Could be but if they are, they're super super pale. Nah, actually they look white

Top Bottom