White Poop On Rasboras

1. M

Matthiasfanu Member Member

hey all. I have noticed recently some of my harlequin rasboras have had white poop. Is this a bad sign? They are acting normal and eating fine. No discoloration or flashing or odd behavior. Just white poop.

Attached Files:

2. Piaelliott

Piaelliott Well Known Member Member

I read white stringy poop is a sign of worms.

However, mine poop differently depending on what they eat. The worst is bright orange poop from NLS pellets, maybe yours had brine shrimp?

3. OP
    OP
    M

Matthiasfanu Member Member

4. AllieSten

AllieSten Fishlore VIP Member

If it is white, long, and stringy, it is most likely a parasite. It could be constipation, but usually you notice bloating and no poop at all with that. Their poop is usually the same color as their food. Most times a brownish reddish color, and not very long.

Treatment is very easy. Hikari Prazipro is safe and gentle. Works very well. It has the medication Praziquantel in it. I personally would treat for worms. Since the med is readily available and is safe for the whole tank, it is always my first go to med. API General Cure also has Praziquantel in it, but it also has the antibiotic metronidazole. If you have it on hand you can use it, but if you have a choice I would do the Prazipro.