White Poo Important

1. kpkant123 Initiate Member

Hi There
    i got 2.5'' male short-body FH 1 week back..for past few days, i've noticed that it's poo is sometimes white (outside - white color and inside - pale red color) or dark red in color.. sometimes poo hang in his anal. so far he is very active (today he bit my finger while i fed him a freeze dried shrimp) and eat lots of freeze dried shrimp (his favorite food). i feed him three times in a day. his diet is freeze dried shrimp (10 or more in a day) and small mixed pellets (10 in a day). i change 20 -25% water every week. the tank temperature is maintained at 28c.

please help me out...

Thank You
    Push

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Kp. hmmmmm I don't have a clue as to what FH is. Would you be so kind as to elaborate a bit more or if possible share some photos? :)

Too, when you have the chance, if you would fill out your aquarium information in your profile it will be a great help. Click on My Settings at the top of the page in the blue bar, then in the drop down box click on Edit Aauqrium Information.

Thanks! Hopefully you'll get some suggestions here shortly.
    Ken

3. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

without more information, I'm afraid we don't know what is going on with the fish poo. But I did want to mention, Push, that any freeze-dried food will expand once it is rehydrated. This means that when your fish eats it, it expands in the fish's stomach. (You know, like when you eat a naan and drink a lot of water. After an hour you feel much more full than when you first ate it). This can cause bloating and constipation in fish.

The best thing to do with freeze-dried food is to soak it in liquid before feeding it to the fish. That way, it has already expanded before it gets into the fish's stomach. You can soak it for a few minutes in some water from the tank.

Even better than tankwater is if you can soak it in garlic (lassan) juice. I don't think you can buy minced garlic in a jar in India. Take a little bit of garlic, mash it up, mix in with a little water from the tank, and let it sit for a few minutes. Then soak the freeze-dried food in the garlic water. Garlic will help boost the immune system of the fish and also help with any internal parasites.

I hope this information helps you. :)

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

sounds like the color of his food...but filling in your information, might help members see something else might be going on ...good luck!

5. kpkant123 Initiate Member

Hi Guys
    Thank you all for your great suggestion. Mine is Fader FH. He is in 40 gallon tank. here is the picture of Fader FH

i will post the picture of poo shortly

Attached Files:

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

can you also take the time to fill in your aquarium information please? It helps a ton ....

7. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

I've never heard of that fish before. It's beautiful!

edit: okay, google search says this is a fader flowerhorn. Still never heard of it, still this it's pretty. :)

Does he have the 40 gallon all to himself, or some tankmates as well?

8. kpkant123 Initiate Member

Hi Meenu
    Ya its a mix breed of blood parrot and texas FH thats what LFS told me. if i am wrong please correct me. ya he is alone in 40 gallon tank.