White poo from my molly

badger

Okay so I know white/clear poop is a sign of problems in fish and my molly has recently begun exhibiting this. I think just today and yesterday but . I don't wait for them to poop ya know.

Anyway just wanted some advice. What do you guys think. BTW the picture makes it look really white, but its more of a clear-opaque.

Advertisement
what diet has this molly been eating? our platys sometimes get that kind of poop, but usually when we feed them daphnia or when they've been nibbled on tank decor a lot (like on fasting day). Do you have any reddish food, like color pellets to feed the molly and see what happens? i'd go ahead and get some meds for internal parasites, like: or parasite clear.. just in case she does have a need for them.

Advertisement
Only been eating regular flake flood. Yea, I was thinking Id probably get some meds just to be safe.

Only been eating regular flake flood. Yea, I was thinking Id probably get some meds just to be safe.

yea, unless the flakes are all light colored and/or she's been nibbling a lot on the tank decor, i'd say it's better than 50% that she could use something for internal parasites. it's not certain, but you don't want to wait too long to treat it so that's a good plan. and it should clear up in not too long once it's treated.

Yea you can also see in that picture shes clamping her tail fin, which is sign of sickness/distress right?

Currently treating wtih the jungle products you mentioned.

if her fins stay like that most or all of the time, then yea, it would seem pretty certain of her having internal parasites. Hopefully it will work as well for you as i've heard of it working for others. we have a box of it in our fish cabinet too.

Yea theyve been that way for the past two or three days. So hopefully things will be lookin up in a few days.

Oh and thanks for all your help so far.

fortunately it sounds like a problem that can be cleared up well. best of luck to you & your fish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fishywife
Replies
Views
Landos
Replies
Views
wintryfish
Replies
Views