White patch on pleco

Fishyfishlondon

Hi! I’ve got a small pleco / anstrictus thing which seems happy but unfortunately has this white patch appeared above his eyes. He spends a lot of time behind the heater so wonder if it’s perhaps burned or a disease and if it’s something to worry about please? Thanks for your help.

Abi

Attachments

A201

Normally I'd suspect the problem to be an injury w/ fungus or a bacterial infection.
I've seen new shipments of common Plecos arrive to my LFS with similar white growths, that proved to be harmless & temporary. Possibly a reaction to elevated ammonia.
IMO, As long as the Pleco is eating & otherwise acting normally, just concentrate on keeping the water clean & observe for any changes in the Plecos condition.

Fishyfishlondon

A201 said:
Normally I'd suspect the problem to be an injury w/ fungus or a bacterial infection.
I've seen new shipments of common Plecos arrive to my LFS with similar white growths, that proved to be harmless & temporary. Possibly a reaction to elevated ammonia.
IMO, As long as the Pleco is eating & otherwise acting normally, just concentrate on keeping the water clean & observe for any changes in the Plecos condition.
Thanks
A201 said:
Thanks, super helpful, I’ve had it for a couple years ago so will hope for the best and keep an eye on it.

DoubleDutch

could there be a wound underneath ?(wedged itself under a log or rock)

Top Bottom