5 Gallon Tank White patch on bettas head

Hobbyist
I realized that my betta fish is growing a white patch on its head, I think it started 2-3 days ago, the betta is still actively swimming and eating, no signs or symptoms of any illness, I provided some photos for the betta , have a look on them, there is also one photo that shows the body of the betta incase you want to know if there is any symptoms I may not’ve seen (I don’t think so :) )

GuppyOverlord11
I'm no betta expert, but it could just be he's changing colors. I summon Betta'sAnonymous, whose actually a betta expert.

Hobbyist
GuppyOverlord11 said:
I'm no betta expert, but it could just be he's changing colors. I summon Betta'sAnonymous, whose actually a betta expert.
I know betta can change colors but I actually didn’t think of it, I hope its not something bigger, thanks for replying

Cinabar
I don't think this is a color change. That would look like bold patches of color, not filmy/foggy like this. It might be a problem with its slime coat. I'm sorry, I don't know enough to say for sure what it is, but hopefully it's not an infection of some kind :(

Fisch
How often do you change his water, what are the parameters. Does he have an Indian Almond Leaf in his tank?
Clean water will help a lot in preventing and resolving scale issues.

Hobbyist
Cinabar said:
I don't think this is a color change. That would look like bold patches of color, not filmy/foggy like this. It might be a problem with its slime coat. I'm sorry, I don't know enough to say for sure what it is, but hopefully it's not an infection of some kind :(
Alright, it could be something in his scales, maybe she injured herself in something
Fisch said:
How often do you change his water, what are the parameters. Does he have an Indian Almond Leaf in his tank?
Clean water will help a lot in preventing and resolving scale issues.
It still her first week in the tank , but she was in a 2.5g before I put her in her main tank to make sure its safe for her, while she was in that 2.5g I changed the water every other day because I wasn’t sure if it was cycled, but now in his 5g I am planning to change 50% every week, as for the parameters I still didn’t get a test kit to test my water , unfortunately the nearest fish store to me don’t test water, but hopefully I will get my hand on a test kit soon, and lastly I don’t have almond leaves , but almond leaves aren’t a big deal because they are cheap, If didn’t find it locally I can order it online when I can.
I suspect that my betta has a small scale injury which requires clean water to prevent any infection, thats what I guess.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom