White Particles 3.5 gallon tank

bettafish32
Hello, I just noticed I have white particles floating around in my 3.5 gallon tank, and now they are also stuck to the tank walls. I tried doing water changes and it doesn't go away. I have one betta in the tank. The only thing I'm using is Prime and Stability. Anyone know what this is and how to get rid of it?

Advertisement
Dave125g
Pictures? It's possible it is pieces of filter media from servicing the filter. Can it be picked up with the net?

bettafish32
It's hard to get a pic of it, it's very fine white particles, goes right through the net.

Advertisement
Dave125g
Ok is your tank fully cycled yet? This could just be a bacterial bloom. It's just part of the cycling process of a new tank. Or a slight hiccup in the cycle of an established tank. If it is a bacterial bloom there's not much you can do but wait it out. Eventually your beneficial bacteria will out compete it and it clears up.

What are your water parameters? Ammonia/nitrite/ nitrate?

bettafish32
Everything is 0ppm

mattgirl
Am I seeing white gravel in your tank? Is it possible that the paint on it is flaking off and that is what you are seeing?

bettafish32
Blue gravel

mattgirl
Blue gravel
oops, I was assuming your profile picture was showing blue and white gravel. It is still possible that the particles are tiny paint flakes coming off the gravel.

What you may want to do is put some pillow stuffing poly-fill in your filter housing. It is a great water polisher. The fiber is so dense it easily holds on to small particles. Just remove and replace until it clears up.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
saltwater60
  • Question
Replies
Views
UnknownUser
Replies
Views
roy o flynn
Replies