White line in Betta Mouth

Sanchez5296

I have posted numerous times and my betta is recovering from a few scrapes, as a result of some decorations. I have taken out some decorations and have added plants in their place. Now, I noticed that when my betta opens her mouth, I can see some white line(s), around her mouth. You can see it when you look down and see the inside of her "lips". The "lips" thing she has had for a while, a couple months ago I took her to the vet and she said she didn't see anything "alarming." This was in regard to the lips thing, not sure if she looked inside her mouth. I don't think it looks fuzzy or anything like that, just a white line. I did notice that the last couple days, she would what I assume take in oxygen under water, and as a result bubbles go up until they reach the surface. Not sure if I explained this well enough but it is hard to get pictures because she doesn't open her mouth that frequently.

Ghelfaire

Yeah a picture would help. Do you see the white line move on its own like a worm? Do you have live plants in the tank (maybe it's a small root)?
Maybe she tried to swallow something off of a decoration and it got stuck in her mouth?

Upvote 0

Rose of Sharon

The bubble thing is normal. Bettas blow bubbles/release air all of the time, both under water and on top. They are usually just releasing air from their swim bladders, or if they were at the surface, got too much air, and release under water. My guy yawns under water, too.

Not sure about the white line without a pic...

Upvote 0

Sanchez5296

The bubble thing is normal. Bettas blow bubbles/release air all of the time, both under water and on top. They are usually just releasing air from their swim bladders, or if they were at the surface, got too much air, and release under water. My guy yawns under water, too.

Not sure about the white line without a pic...
Yeah it's really hard to get a picture since she doesn't open her mouth very often. I will try my best. She has had the line on her lips but has been that way for months
Yeah a picture would help. Do you see the white line move on its own like a worm? Do you have live plants in the tank (maybe it's a small root)?
Maybe she tried to swallow something off of a decoration and it got stuck in her mouth?
The line might be all part of the same thing, what's on her lips may just go around the whole mouth inside. She doesn't open her mouth often so It's hard to get a picture. The part on her lips has been there for a couple months.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Sanchez5296
Replies
Views
Goldiemom
Replies
Views
Fishjunkiejimmy
Replies