White Growth Patch on Betta

akcarroll12

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello! I have an older betta (about 4 years old). He has a white growth on his side, and I can’t figure out what it is or how to treat it. Pictures attached.

Details
Water parameters: 0•0•<10
Tank: 10 gal
Temp: 78ish
Filter: TopFin 10 gal
Water changes: 20% weekly, but now I do them nearly everyday because of his eye (see below)
Inhabitants: one betta, silk plants and hides
Diet: new life spectrum freshwater pellets (he doesn’t each much at all now)
Other conditions: One eye has popeye or is swollen and puffy (picture attached). I’ve been treating it will epsom salt baths and constant water changes.
Has had fin rot in the past.

About the white patch:
I noticed it a couple weeks ago.
It looks hard and almost scaly, but it sticks out (from above you can see it popping out).

If you have any more questions please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

SM1199

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
2 years
It's the beginning of a tumor. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about it but give him the best quality of life while it doesn't hinder him.

OP
akcarroll12

akcarroll12

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
5 to 10 years
SM1199 said:
It's the beginning of a tumor. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about it but give him the best quality of life while it doesn't hinder him.
Thank you - do you have any recommendations for feeding? He never seems to find his food, even when I drop it right in front of him

SM1199

Well Known
Reactions
Experience
2 years
akcarroll12 said:
Thank you - do you have any recommendations for feeding? He never seems to find his food, even when I drop it right in front of him
When I had a blind betta, I fed her by putting a syringe stuffed with pellets right in front of her face and touching it to her lips. She learned very quickly how to get food from it.

New Threads