White Growth On My Betta

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Newts, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Newts

Newts New Member Member

Hi guys have a question about my betta. Hes had a mark on his side since the day I got him which I just thought added to his character. I actually bought it for the uniqueness. A few days ago a white lump has started protruding through the scales where his mark is.

Hes not unwell at all, still very active, full colour, flares up when he sees me, still eats like a pig as you can see hes bloated from his last meal (which was about 2 mins before I took the pic). Im assuming its a tumor of some sort.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Is it treatable, or am I going to need to brace for the worst.

Attached are two pics. One of his mark taken about 12 months ago. And another taken just now.

20180106_112913.jpg 20180418_174040.jpg

2. Rohit mess

Rohit mess Valued Member Member

This is first time i ever saw anything like this. I am glad you had him and took good care of it for the time being. I hope some one with betta knowledge will come along and help. Till then update with pic about the situation of betta. It may help to narrow it down and diagnose.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice