White Glossy Algae On Plant Bulbs

ShamFish97

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I purchased Live Aqua Plant Bulbs from petco, and in my community tanks the pleco cleans this film off of the bulbs, and in my 10g the snails haven't touched it so far. Any ideas what it is, and how can i tell if these are rotting? Just smell? Is there a cut off where they should've sprouted green already?

I've had these bulbs in my tank for about 5 days now, and have been dousing Flourish, Excel, and Advance.

ShamFish97

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
if it’s squishy, it’s rotting. The first one looks rotten to me bc it has the white fungus
So... if i leave them in there will that cause problems? Is the white fungus not something that should be occurring at all? I can see if they just don't work because they're too old already but I went and planted them right away... :/

Bryangar

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So... if i leave them in there will that cause problems? Is the white fungus not something that should be occurring at all? I can see if they just don't work because they're too old already but I went and planted them right away... :/
No it shouldn’t be happening to a healthy bulb. IME when it’s covered in white fungus then it’s dead.

ShamFish97

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
No it shouldn’t be happening to a healthy bulb. IME when it’s covered in white fungus then it’s dead.
I see. Thanks for the feedback, I suppose I'll yank the ones that are covered like that out and prepare to send them back!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom