White fuzziness over the eye.

Ambie

Tank

What is the water volume of the tank? 20g High
How long has the tank been running? - 5m 14d with fish / 7m including cycling.
Does it have a filter? - Yes, Aquaclear 50
Does it have a heater? Yes
What is the water temperature? 78f
What is the entire stocking of this tank? 14 Pacific Blue Eye Signifer Rainbowfish & 2 Nerite Snails

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? - 1x weekly
How much of the water do you change? - 25-30%
What do you use to treat your water? - Seachem Prime
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water? Mostly just water with some vacuuming in areas with no plants.

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish? - Yes
What do you use to test the water? - API Master
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 20-30
pH: 7.2

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish? - Once a day
How much do you feed your fish? - One pinch of various pellets/flakes or small amount of frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp
What brand of food do you feed your fish? - Fluval Bug Bites [pellet and flake], NLS Therma +A, Tetra flakes.
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods? - Frozen [San Francisco Bay Brand]

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 5 months
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? 2 day ago
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms? - White Fuzzy growth over a single fish eye.
Have you started any treatment for the illness? - Melafix [dosed 1x for the last 2 day.
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase? - No
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all? - Not at all. Still eating normally, no loss of color, shoaling with other fish. But is the only fish that tends to swim into current of filter.

Explain your emergency situation in detail.
Noticed the growth 2 days ago while doing maintenance. Only a single fish has the white fuzziness on it's eye, no other fish are showing symptoms. Added a few plants from one of my other tanks that has been established for 1 year with no signs of illness. The growth is not on the mouth, so i'm unsure if it's cotton mouth or simple damage.

So i'm try to determine if this is a need for complex meds or just more water changes till the eye heals. Which is why i've only used the melafix since it the more natural med for now.
Also have paraguard and aquarium salt on hand at the moment that i haven't used.

Photo of the affected fish [as best i could get since they tend to move quickly]

20201115_205315.jpg

Vegetarianpanda

Most likely from an injury between fish or hurt on decorations as its one eye. So likely bacterial so keep using melafix. If you have a quarantine tank might be best to separate from everyone if possible.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
MeowMadz
Replies
Views
darkcat
  • Question
Replies
Views
AverageAquarist22