White Fuzz Growing On A Fish?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by grumpygills, Apr 8, 2017.

1. grumpygills

grumpygills New Member Member

Well, I can't really tell if it's white fuzz, dead flesh, a sore, etc. It just popped up today because the Gourami seemed to be doing just fine yesterday :(
    Can someone help identify the problem so we can properly treat him? I wish the image quality was better, he's just a fast booger and never sits still.

17858040_1447425251966098_2084233160_n.jpg 17820987_1447427118632578_507899634_n.jpg

2. AvalancheDave

AvalancheDave Well Known Member Member

It could be Columnaris.

3. OP
    OP
    grumpygills

Ooh yes, looking at that the symptoms do seem to match. I'll do some more research on that andfind the best way to treat it. Does that seem like the most likely cause or are there any other things it might be?

4. AvalancheDave

AvalancheDave Well Known Member Member

5. OP
    OP
    grumpygills

Yeah I think the other one looked a bit more similar.
    Reading though everything I've been able to find and there seems to be no dead-set way to treat this. Should I quarantine the fish that's affected? I don't see anything floating or stuck to the glass that he could have contracted it from and most, if not all of the people this has affected have seen the fungus in their tank elsewhere. I just don't want it to spread to my other fish.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice