Mary765
Do you have snails in your tank?

Do your fish seem stressed at all?

Sakana魚
Otto1
Medications?

Sakana魚
Mary765
Any chance you got soap in there? Do the bubbles have an oily sheen?

Wait you said betta right? Is the betta still alive?

In that case it's probably just a betta bubble nest, nothing to worry about!

Sakana魚
Any chance you got soap in there? Do the bubbles have an oily sheen?
No chance with soap I do water changes with a gallon water jug that sits on the tank when I am done.

Milliemae124
Yes I agree with Mary, it’s probably just a bubble nest

Sakana魚
Wait you said betta right? Is the betta still alive?

In that case it's probably just a betta bubble nest, nothing to worry about!
Yup hes alive and well . Jeez he has been busy then. I am gonna assume the filter is what pushed it into looking like foam? He hasn't made any nests since he was in the breeder net in my main tank and it wasn't anything to write home about.

Culprit
I'd say its the biofilm causing bubbles as the water falls down into it. It doesn't really look like a betta bubble nest.

Sakana魚
I'd say its the biofilm causing bubbles as the water falls down into it. It doesn't really look like a betta bubble nest.
What is biofilm?

I'm gonna try and get a better picture of it

Culprit
Basically little bacteria that builds up on the surface of your water. It builds up other places too, shrimp and otos eat it.

Sakana魚

IMG_20180319_142430.jpg

Mary765

I got similar looking bubbles on the edge of my tank but in smaller quantities. I attribute it to biofilm and the large amount of bubbles and fast water in my tank!

musserump09
Sakana魚
Mary765
No not yet. But the flourite/flormax did come from my planted tank.

Is the biofilm anything to worry about?

Nah, It's actually pretty healthy as a food and as an ecosystem.

BBnL
Any chance you have municipal water with something new in it? Mine jumps up w ammonia periodically this winter. No foam....but that's just one chemical.

Mary765
Any chance you have municipal water with something new in it? Mine jumps up w ammonia periodically this winter. No foam....but that's just one chemical.

Do you live in the uk?

mattgirl
You could minimize the bubbles by filling the tank up to just barely below the output of your filter and then add an air stone if you don't already have one in there.

Sakana魚
You could minimize the bubbles by filling the tank up to just barely below the output of your filter and then add an air stone if you don't already have one in there.
As long as its not hurting anything it doesn't bother me. I will be taking apart the tank soon anyways to change the substrate and add plants.
Do you live in the uk?
No the usa

mattgirl
As long as its not hurting anything it doesn't bother me. I will be taking apart the tank soon anyways to change the substrate and add plants.

No the usa
I understand. I don't think it is a problem at all.

Rojer Ramjet
This is biofilm.

Culprit

No the usa

It will not hurt anything, and it is a sign of a healthy tank usually.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
mattgirl
Replies
Views
Rcslade124
Replies
Views
PeaP
Replies