White foam?

1. BamBamSorg Well Known Member Member

So I just added sand into my 10 gallon and there is white foam on the surface. I didnt add anything (chemicals) It is also foggy but im pretty sure its supposed to be that way for a while so the sand settles down. Help

2. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Did you rinse the sand really well?

3. BamBamSorg Well Known Member Member

No I didn't. Should I have done that? Is there any way that I can get it away?

4. Justinokay Member Member

Do at least a 25- 50 percent water change to try to get rid of it

5. BamBamSorg Well Known Member Member

I did that already but it still is cloudy and there is still foam at the top. Not as much though. Anything else that could help? My filter is running toi btw

I will do another one tonight. I turned off the filter cause I noticed that the sand was swirling around cause if it. If it settles down then I will do another water change.

6. Mallorysmith44 Member Member

Yeah it should settle and after awhile

7. BamBamSorg Well Known Member Member

But it still has the disgusting foam on the top. Have any ideas Mallorysmith44 ?

8. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

Do you have any fish in the tank yet? If you do, one trick I've used before is to put a strong internal filter in the tank with fine filter floss in the canister part. Then rinse or change out the floss every hour or so as it pulls stuff from the water;)

9. BamBamSorg Well Known Member Member

Thank you :) I will keep that in mind when I do get sand again. I took out and emptied the whole tank. There were bugs in the water. I didnt want them to start breeding so I quickly emptied and cleaned everything. I will buy from a different company instead of the one I bought from. Lol I was so scared.