White Fluff In Tank

Chandell

Valued Member
Messages
420
Reaction score
83
Points
63
Experience
Just started
For the past few months I have noticed little prices of white fluff floating around the tank (not a lot but a little) Does anyone else have this or know what it could be?
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5

Chandell

Valued Member
Messages
420
Reaction score
83
Points
63
Experience
Just started
Gypsy13 said:
I don’t know your setup but I have white fluff come out of my hob filter if I forget to rinse the inserts.
That could be it. Thanks

Sakana魚 said:
Is it decaying food?
I don’t think so, my cories usually clean all the food. It is just tiny white fluff

Chandell said:
I don’t think so, my cories usually clean all the food. It is just tiny white fluff
And I do 50% water change every week.

Chandell said:
For the past few months I have noticed little prices of white fluff floating around the tank (not a lot but a little) Does anyone else have this or know what it could be?
I can notice it now that it is coming from the filter. I am not very experienced with fish keeping, I hope this won’t harm my fish?
 

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,622
Reaction score
3,043
Points
198
Experience
More than 10 years
Just remember to rinse your filter media in aquarium water in a bucket. Some of my fish like to follow it around till it goes back into the filter. I call it water dust bunnies. I know it’s over feeding though. It happens.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #8

Chandell

Valued Member
Messages
420
Reaction score
83
Points
63
Experience
Just started
Gypsy13 said:
Just remember to rinse your filter media in aquarium water in a bucket. Some of my fish like to follow it around till it goes back into the filter. I call it water dust bunnies. I know it’s over feeding though. It happens.
Thanks so much! I am pretty sure I overfeed my fish

75g Discus Tank said:
I will try to take pics tomorrow as it’s not very light out right now and it is kinda hard to see!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #11

Chandell

Valued Member
Messages
420
Reaction score
83
Points
63
Experience
Just started
Gypsy13 said:
That’s when mine happens. Especially when I don’t do a good rinse on my filter media.
Ya I did rinse the filter out. Thanks for your help!
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom