white finned rosy tetra? or Barb?

lucky strike 21

I have had this fish with my guppy male and female there both gone vanished I think this fish ate them but I'm not sure

Eienna

That's possible...

lucky strike 21

isn't this a community fish though?I thought they would all get along so guppies are out of the question I have 5 neon tetras in there and hes always chasing them around should I separate him?

Eienna

Do separate them. First of all, I believe those tetras need a school in order to not be aggressive...and if a fish can fit another in its mouth, at some point it will likely try to eat it.

lucky strike 21

I have spent days looking for the same tetra and somehow no one seems to have it can I mix in different tetras or bad idea?

Dria

The pictured fish is definitely a tetra, not a barb. Tetras need to school with their own kind or they can get nippy. I don't think that particular tetra would have eaten two guppies whole though, you should have found bodies. Is it possible they are hiding from him somewhere because he's nipping at them? Personally I would return that one and get more neons to help with the nipping problem.

Eienna

If you're having trouble locating more, go to where you got the first one and ask if they can order more for you. You might have to use their latin name.

lucky strike 21

well I found some more they only had one in stock but now he just follows the other one around lol hes ignoring everybody else finally thanks everyone

lucky strike 21

can bettas go into my community tank? currently there's 5 neon tetras 2 white fined tetras and 1 male guppy and female guppy that I can't seem to find

Eienna

Sometimes they can, sometimes not. It depends on the individual betta - and NEVER put them with Gouramis or Paradise Fish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
JettsPapa
  • Question
Replies
Views
AcornTheBetta
  • Question
  • DreamWolf
  • Tetras
Replies