White film on moving water

Troyee219

I am very confused right now, my 20g high has a white film on top of the water, the water is not stagnant because I use a 30g power filter on high flow, and I don't overfeed, so I am puzzled. Here are some pics

Attachments

• IMG_20200517_190322.jpg
    IMG_20200517_190322.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20200517_190315.jpg
    IMG_20200517_190315.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 50

ArtFish

Hmm, if you have water flow it shouldn’t do that.
if your water flow is light (due to water being high level and the flow doesn’t break the water and create bubbles it might do that.
if it bugs you I would suggest to get a sponge filter or use an air stone and that should fix it.

Upvote 0

StarGirl

I have a canister output across the top of my water and still get biofilm. I added a sponge with air line and it did go away really quickly and hasn't come back.

Upvote 0

Troyee219

I have a canister output across the top of my water and still get biofilm. I added a sponge with air line and it did go away really quickly and hasn't come back.
i have a bubbler some airline tubing a airstone and a unused plug, (unused plugs are rare in my fishroom lol) i will set that up, will let you know if it helps!

Upvote 0

Troyee219

I couldn't use the airstone because right when i tried to put it on it crumbled, i had to add a artificial plant to cover the airline tube, but i got it done, the bubbler is on the same table the aquarium is on, do you think the vibrations will bother the fish?

Upvote 0

StarGirl

I couldn't use the airstone because right when i tried to put it on it crumbled, i had to add a artificial plant to cover the airline tube, but i got it done, the bubbler is on the same table the aquarium is on, do you think the vibrations will bother the fish?
No should be fine.

Upvote 0

Rivieraneo

That’s just build up from organics in your tank, you can use a few paper towels to absorb it from the surface or use your water changer to carefully draw water out of your tank with the suction towards the surface.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
betta06
  • Question
Replies
Views