White film on moving water

Troyee219

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I am very confused right now, my 20g high has a white film on top of the water, the water is not stagnant because I use a 30g power filter on high flow, and I don't overfeed, so I am puzzled. Here are some pics

Attachments

ArtFish

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hmm, if you have water flow it shouldn’t do that.
if your water flow is light (due to water being high level and the flow doesn’t break the water and create bubbles it might do that.
if it bugs you I would suggest to get a sponge filter or use an air stone and that should fix it.

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have a canister output across the top of my water and still get biofilm. I added a sponge with air line and it did go away really quickly and hasn't come back.

OP
Troyee219

Troyee219

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
StarGirl15 said:
I have a canister output across the top of my water and still get biofilm. I added a sponge with air line and it did go away really quickly and hasn't come back.
i have a bubbler some airline tubing a airstone and a unused plug, (unused plugs are rare in my fishroom lol) i will set that up, will let you know if it helps!

OP
Troyee219

Troyee219

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I couldn't use the airstone because right when i tried to put it on it crumbled, i had to add a artificial plant to cover the airline tube, but i got it done, the bubbler is on the same table the aquarium is on, do you think the vibrations will bother the fish?

StarGirl

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Troyee219 said:
I couldn't use the airstone because right when i tried to put it on it crumbled, i had to add a artificial plant to cover the airline tube, but i got it done, the bubbler is on the same table the aquarium is on, do you think the vibrations will bother the fish?
No should be fine.

Rivieraneo

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
That’s just build up from organics in your tank, you can use a few paper towels to absorb it from the surface or use your water changer to carefully draw water out of your tank with the suction towards the surface.

New Threads