White film on goldfish eye

Masoud

hello guys,i have a fantail goldfish,last night i noticed there is a white film on one of his eyes
water parameters are fine,its a 30 gallon dual filter with two of my fancy fantails in it
was reading on nationalfishpharm and i think it is one these two but just wanted to check here with you to be sure

DoubleDutch

Attachments

• photo_2020-10-31_12-44-49.jpg
    photo_2020-10-31_12-44-49.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 26

DoubleDutch

Looks like cataract but not sure.

Upvote 0

Masoud

Looks like cataract but not sure.
the thing is i can see a white film out of the eye not in the eye,however yes i think he has also vision problems in that eye

Upvote 0

NevermindIgnoreMe

Looks and sounds like cloudy eye. It's caused by bad water or bacterial infection, coupled with the fact that your goldfish seems to be gulping in the picture, I'm guessing it's the former. What are your parameters?

Upvote 0

Masoud

Looks and sounds like cloudy eye. It's caused by bad water or bacterial infection, coupled with the fact that your goldfish seems to be gulping in the picture, I'm guessing it's the former. What are your parameters?
first of all,it was a cataract,i have a vet friend came and look at the eye from close and said it is a cataract and nothing can be done
AND,he is not gulping i just fed them when i took picture,it is normal for goldfishes to search surface for a while after feeding
AND,water parameters are fine,also the fish is close to 3 years old now in case your were wondering

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Aqcapt
  • Question
Replies
Views
NevermindIgnoreMe
  • Question
Replies
Views