White dragonscale betta

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by oOBlueOo, Aug 2, 2015.

1. oOBlueOo

oOBlueOoWell Known MemberMember

Look what I found at petco today! I had to get him... He's going in my empty 5.5g with some plants. Not sure what kind yet.

I have to pick a cool name for him now.

Attached Files:

2. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettasFishlore VIPMember

Wow, he's gorgeous! Congrats on the new betta, and I understand about you "having to get him", happened to me too! So beautiful. :)

3. OP
    OP
    oOBlueOo

This pic doesn't do him justice. I'll try to get a better one when I get him all set up.

And of course I forgot substrate. The only thing I have right now is blue gravel. I guess I got a little carried away. LOL

4. BornThisWayBettas

Lol, I only had a bowl with a heater and some pebbles and a few decorations when I "impulse" bought mine lol, so I think you're doing better than me haha!

5. OP
    OP
    oOBlueOo

Change of plans. He's getting a 10g. Lucky bugger...

6. BornThisWayBettas

Lol, looks like you fell in love hard for him haha!

7. OP
    OP
    oOBlueOo

Nah. I just don't feel like sanitizing the 5.5g :|

8. BornThisWayBettas

Sanitizing?

9. OP
    OP
    oOBlueOo

10. BornThisWayBettas

Oh...... yeah, you might wanna keep that QT tank as an extra lol!

11. OP
    OP
    oOBlueOo

Yep. Besides, I think he will be happier in a 10g anyway.

12. BornThisWayBettas

Probably haha! Planted 10g?

13. OP
    OP
    oOBlueOo

Technically, yes. There's a subwassertang ball in it. I have to figure out what I want to do with it. I wanted sand, but white and black sand wouldn't look good imo. And brown sand could be mistaken for food. So right now its bare bottom with an asian decor pagoda and that one plant. I MIGHT go mixed black and white sand if I can't find anything else.

I have 2 pieces of driftwood that I've been wondering what to do with. I'll probably add those. Probably with anubias.

And I got the wrong filter type too...so there's no filteration yet. I'm hoping my lfs is open today because I need a sponge filter. I have a homade one but its not very appealing.

And I forgot a pic! It was midnight by the time I got home. I'm in the process of moving so everything is happening all at once. I'll get one later, though. He looks so tiny in the tank. But he ate bloodworms though! He was kinda lethargic when I got him and completely ignored his pellet food when the manager fed him. But he was swimming around when I got him.

I did a wc in the parking lot with betta water just to be safe.

And I still haven't named him yet. :(

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  14. BornThisWayBettas

Wow, sounds like you did a lot haha! What kind of name do you want?

15. OP
    OP
    oOBlueOo

A dragon one, obviously :D

16. Geoff

GeoffWell Known MemberMember

Drogon, Rhaegal, or Viserion.

Or...Puff!

17. yasha

yashaWell Known MemberMember

I vote for Eragon as a name. 1st thing I think of after hearing dragon. He is a very nice looking betta. I've never seen one with a top fin quite like his.

I also have 2 aquariums with white and black sand one is more black with a little white(my fav)and the other is mostly black with a little white.I like the way they look but to each there own

18. Kasye

KasyeValued MemberMember

I know the feeling! I saw so many beautiful bettas at a Petco the other day (a different one from the one I usually go to, I had no idea this one was like the jackpot of bettas!), but I put off buying one because I'm going back Thursday to buy a dwarf puffer, so I figured I'd wait until then to decide if I'm going to grab one of the bettas as well! (I mean, I DO have a tank ready, soooo)

19. atb224155

atb224155Valued MemberMember

Lucky chap...Might as well get him his own castle while your at it.

20. OP
    OP
    oOBlueOo

Hi guys. I've been trying to post pics, but it's like trying to herd cats.
    Seriously, idk what this phones issue is. It's a window phone, so it's completely new to,me.

I'll link a twitter account if its okay with the mods.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice