White dots on the walls?

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
For some odd reason there are these white dots covering many of the surfaces in my 5 gallon FW and I have no idea what they are. The Otos and snails don't seem to be eating them but I don't see any real source of them. They are algae-dot sized and look like ich - but on my tank.

Any ideas as to what they are?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
They are probably food getting stuck to your wall and growing into stuff, probably nothing to be worried about. Just wipe them off and cut back on your feeding and do a bit bigger water changes. That happened to me and nothing happened and I just cut back on the food and did larger water changes.

Marc

Well Known Member
Reaction score
It's not food, but I'm thinking it's some kind of planaria. What you suggested WOULD get rid of planaria, though.

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok maybe that's what I had a long time ago then, that's just what somebody had told me to do and it worked.

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Could be snail eggs..... I have them all over also. if you have snails in your tank, then I am guessing snails eggs. If they are slimy when you touch them and attached fairly well, then you have eggs. Snails will multiply like crazy if they think there is ample food supply. If you look further in your tank you will probably find them on plants, under decorations and in your gravel. They look like drops of water stuck to the surface when remove from the tank.. Good Luck..

ncje

Valued Member
Reaction score
Snail eggs. I have almost whipped out the snails that rode in to my tank on a plant. There is one big ugly one left and whilst I know it can multiply on its own I leave it... its grown rather big and does no harm. If I see others they usually get removed when I do a water change.

Sorry cant resist any longer Skippi on your sig in your 55 gall you have listed 6 Plates.... are they dinner plates? sorry bad joke but was sitting there for a long time

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom