White dots/line/growth inside cherry shrimp?

SilverLake

Reactions
Experience
1 year
I guess to begin, is this a new development on this shrimp, or is this a ship you just got?
If its a new shrimp, then it could just be the coloring, but I would recommend keeping a close eye on the batch just to make sure.
If its a recent development, I would be more concerned, mostly because color changes only really seem to happen when something is wrong.

Sorry i can't be of more help.

OP
X

xVoyagerx

Reactions
Hi thanks for the reply. This shrimp was actually born in my tank. I'm not sure if its simply a color change though. It looks like the change is on the inside like a growth or something.

Renaissanista

Reactions
Experience
Just started
The darker red is saddled with eggs but the lighter one looks like some of my reds.
I call them white bellies or glo shrimp.
You have to watch for muscular necrosis when you see something like that, but if the shrimp is swimming fine, it's just genetic imo.
I have a lot with white middles. All this is if I'm seeing your photo right.
These are my most extreme.
Here are some of mine

Attachments

OP
X

xVoyagerx

Reactions
Renaissanista said:
The darker red is saddled with eggs but the lighter one looks like some of my reds.
I call them white bellies or glo shrimp.
You have to watch for muscular necrosis when you see something like that, but if the shrimp is swimming fine, it's just genetic imo.
I have a lot with white middles. All this is if I'm seeing your photo right.
These are my most extreme.
Here are some of mine
Yes I was worried about the male on the right. It looks a little bit like your blue shrimp. I just saw it again and everything still looks normal but ,like you said, I am worried about muscular necrosis. Thank you for the reply.

Renaissanista

Reactions
Experience
Just started
My blue is a month old and acts fine. I've got some that are more than 3 months old with this.
Just watch how they swim. I had a couple with likely necrosis. It was obvious something was wrong and they died within a day. I imagine it's like when you cook shrimp, goes from clear and flimsy to white and rigid so movement issues makes sense. Muscle stiffening.
That's my crazy theory anyway.

New Threads