Help White dot on Angelfish

SamanthaJane

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello,
My angelfish has developed a white dot (a little protruding white dot on her caudal fin or tail. It developed it while I was giving her an Epsom salt treatment for constipation. She has been constipated for 10 days I think and did not pass the waste. Peas were given and spent days in Epsom treatment (in a q tank). Eventually i had to put her back in the community tank since I had another fish day needed urgent quarantine.
Anyway after the salt treatment it developed a white spot, it's still in the community tank with other fish, should I prepare a temporary bucket and apply meds there?

Also it is the only white spot it has.

Attachments

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sometimes angels get these spots. Usually need clean water. How often and how much do you change. Should do 50% weekly. How big is the tank.

OP
SamanthaJane

SamanthaJane

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
86 ssinit said:
Sometimes angels get these spots. Usually need clean water. How often and how much do you change. Should do 50% weekly. How big is the tank.
Hello thank you for the reply,
I do a 25% water change every week, it is a 30 gallon and nitrites are 0.20.
The major thing is that the angel is constipated for like 11 days and has started hiding behind drift wood. Worries she'll pass away soon cause I can't treat the constipation

86 ssinit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Is it stil” eating? If so try nutridiet discus flakes. It has garlic in it and that may help. Funny it actually claims to be a probiotics formula. And I do feed it to my discus regularly.

OP
SamanthaJane

SamanthaJane

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Okay
86 ssinit said:
Is it stil” eating? If so try nutridiet discus flakes. It has garlic in it and that may help. Funny it actually claims to be a probiotics formula. And I do feed it to my discus regularly.
Okay I'll try! Thank you for the reply I'm literally struggling to deal with this. I'm worried she might pass away soon.

Thank you!

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom