White Crowntail Betta - Woo hoo!!!

Allie

Heather, the betta breeder who I have been talking to. Emailed me today and said she found this young white CT from one of the ladies she is ordering from on AB. He isn't up on the site. But Heather asked if she could get him for me. I said I love him and of course she can. This lady is being so nice. She'll be bringing him to me on the 15th.

COBettaCouple
Oh wow! Could we give you our address for her to be mailed to? She looks like our Angel, only with a lot more finnage. drool

Allie
Oh wow! Could we give you our address for her to be mailed to? She looks like our Angel, only with a lot more finnage. drool
It's very young male.
Look at how big his eyes are. I don't think he has long fins anyway.

COBettaCouple
Wow.. he must be REALLY young! Maybe 3 months or less? Yea, I didn't notice no egg spot. He would be the perfect mate for Angel. drool

Allie
Wow.. he must be REALLY young! Maybe 3 months or less? Yea, I didn't notice no egg spot. He would be the perfect mate for Angel. drool
I'm not exactly sure how young but she said young. I may try him with Holly eventually. If I get brave. They may create some interesting pastel babies.Plus the fins, She has double ray, and he has the beginning of Double double ray splitting.

COBettaCouple
Yea, I've not really thought about doing a Splendens breeding due to the work, time and cost, but a male like that with Angel would have me starting plans on building "the betta room". They would most likely throw a good number of white, translucent CTs and make the venture something that I think could at least break even, possibly a profit. Congrats! I'm definitely envious and I better hide his pic from Angel.

Tazmiche
A baby of Angels and this boy could make me move to the US!!!!!!!

COBettaCouple
Well, that's a good reason right there.

Martinismommy
This boy is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! What's his stud fee? haha

Allie
This boy is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! What's his stud fee? haha
He's just a baby. I feel odd calling him a stud.

chickadee
I saw a female on aquabid the other day that was 4.5 months old and they said she had been bred 6 times already. Bettas breed early. By the time they are a year old, they are too old to breed. It is absolutely silly to think of any baby animal, especially our little ones, being parents at that age.

They would make great babies though. Dave, I do not live far from Denver if you want to share when you breed her and him. Hmmmm?

Rose

capekate
Congratulations Allie! I am so happy for you, after your disappointment at loosing the other white Betta on auction... you must be on cloud nine!
He is a real beauty! ;D
way to go!

~ kate

Allie
Yea, I've not really thought about doing a Splendens breeding due to the work, time and cost, but a male like that with Angel would have me starting plans on building "the betta room". They would most likely throw a good number of white, translucent CTs and make the venture something that I think could at least break even, possibly a profit. Congrats! I'm definitely envious and I better hide his pic from Angel.
Thanks. Yeah I am definitely waiting on the betta breeding thing until I am 100% confident I can handle it.

Congratulations Allie! I am so happy for you, after your disappointment at loosing the other white Betta on auction... you must be on cloud nine!
He is a real beauty! ;D
way to go!

~ kate
I am pretty excited.
The odd part is I haven't had to do anything to get this fish. Heather has made all the arrangements. I haven't even met her in person yet.
She is getting 4 pairs of betta. Some pretty amazing looking HMs.

I saw a female on aquabid the other day that was 4.5 months old and they said she had been bred 6 times already. Bettas breed early. By the time they are a year old, they are too old to breed. It is absolutely silly to think of any baby animal, especially our little ones, being parents at that age.
Rose
I saw that too. I have been AB all week...so I am sure I have seen all the betta ads 100x each.

COBettaCouple
Well, you know I would Rose.. but Angel is over a year old. I estimate her to be about 15-16 months old. Is she too old for breeding then?

They would make great babies though. Dave, I do not live far from Denver if you want to share when you breed her and him. Hmmmm?

Rose

Allie - Just wondering.. if Angel isn't too old to breed, is there any way we could get that male betta? drool
Thanks. Yeah I am definitely waiting on the betta breeding thing until I am 100% confident I can handle it.

chickadee
I would think that if she will produce eggs, she can breed. Does she have that ability anymore? I have not heard of a betta that age breeding but I know that some breeders keep their show quality breeding pairs going longer than the norm so I do not know what the absolute latest is for age. Maybe CWC or Dino would know. Would be a lovely thing to see. Those two would make very nice babies.

Rose

FishKing
This is weird, but I have seen a ton of those all white crowntails at petco. They are like three dollars more expensive than the normal veiltails around it.

Allie
This is weird, but I have seen a ton of those all white crowntails at petco. They are like three dollars more expensive than the normal veiltails around it.
Here where I live we have CTs once in a blue moon. When they have them at our lfs they never have white ones.

COBettaCouple
Maybe it's best just to let her be a happy spoiled computer betta. ;D
I would think that if she will produce eggs, she can breed. Does she have that ability anymore? I have not heard of a betta that age breeding but I know that some breeders keep their show quality breeding pairs going longer than the norm so I do not know what the absolute latest is for age. Maybe CWC or Dino would know. Would be a lovely thing to see. Those two would make very nice babies.

Rose

Allie
Maybe it's best just to let her be a happy spoiled computer betta. ;D
Holly always has eggs...no wonder, she is surround by a bunch of handsome men. ;D

9 days til he comes.
Naw I am not excited at all.

COBettaCouple
Kairi's always flirting with Teddy Bear. The other Betta girls are out of sight of the boys after Mickey got himself in so much trouble over Chloe.

Holly always has eggs...no wonder, she is surround by a bunch of handsome men. ;D

Allie
Kairi's always flirting with Teddy Bear. The other Betta girls are out of sight of the boys after Mickey got himself in so much trouble over Chloe.
Did Mickey visit Chloe?

COBettaCouple
No, but he got so worked up seeing her in the next tank that he bit up his fins.. which led to secondary infections that had him so sick, we thought he was a goner.

Allie
No, but he got so worked up seeing her in the next tank that he bit up his fins.. which led to secondary infections that had him so sick, we thought he was a goner.
Yikes.

COBettaCouple
Yea, we've had him a year and it's the first time he's ever been sick. I just underestimated his fiestyness and he went totally wild when we got Chloe. I was giving him fish protector and vita-chem after he tore up his fins, but I should have done garlic guard too.

Allie
My CT betta has made it to Heather's in one piece. He's in his own 5 gallon until the 15th.
I have decided to name him Casper. I can't wait to get him & meet Heather.

voiceless_kat
My CT betta has made it to Heather's in one piece. He's in his own 5 gallon until the 15th.
I have decided to name him Casper. I can't wait to get him & meet Heather.

Allie, you must be so excited. It is good to hear he has made the trip well. Casper is the coolest name for him! Cant wait for pics, I know they will be great!

Val

Allie
Allie, you must be so excited. It is good to hear he has made the trip well. Casper is the coolest name for him! Cant wait for pics, I know they will be great!

Val
I am like a kid waiting for xmas...all over a fish.

capekate

Wonderful News Allie! I'm so glad to hear the Casper (love the name) has made the long trip and will soon be home! Cant wait for the photos!

voiceless_kat

Ya, I get that!!!

chickadee
She does a small quarantine before sending them on? This is so neat but I would be a wreck. I would want him at home with me asap. But I am the worlds worst for patience.

I am so glad that he made it in one piece and is healthy and going to be in his own 5 gallon until he is with his new mommy.

Casper is a really nice name for a white CT. He will fit the part perfectly.

Rose

Allie
She does a small quarantine before sending them on? This is so neat but I would be a wreck. I would want him at home with me asap. But I am the worlds worst for patience.

I am so glad that he made it in one piece and is healthy and going to be in his own 5 gallon until he is with his new mommy.

Casper is a really nice name for a white CT. He will fit the part perfectly.

Rose
She's only keeping him this long b/c she/nor I have any way to get to each other until she comes in on the 15th. She is an hour outside of town. I trust her to keep him well until then.

Tazmiche
OOOOHHHH Dave I know you realise what a soft spot I have for Angel, don't risk breeding her.No offence to anyone here, I just ADORE her ( how odd is that but she has captured my heart!!Big style!!) I as you and Stacy would be gutted if she was harmed!!

pamd
I just love the name Casper for him! He's gorgeous, and wishing you the best of luck on the last leg of his journey home to you.

COBettaCouple
Yea, she's past the point that I think it would be safe to breed her and she's so happy with how things are now. Plus I'd have to find another male as perfect as Allie's new little guy.

OOOOHHHH Dave I know you realise what a soft spot I have for Angel, don't risk breeding her.No offence to anyone here, I just ADORE her ( how odd is that but she has captured my heart!!Big style!!) I as you and Stacy would be gutted if she was harmed!!

Tazmiche
PHEW!!!! Oh mates....send her a big hug and kiss from her Auntie Miche......I know it's odd for me to like her so much but her video got me good style. I am a sucker for animals though, always have been,always will be!!!! AND I will not apologise for that!!

COBettaCouple
Thanks Michelle! ;D Well, I'll tell you - Angel is such a special one. She really is the smartest Betta that we've ever had and the most independent.

Tazmiche
Oh bless her..........

I am ashamed to say that the last boy home here Sky didn't get the same attention as the others but does now. He is soo funny, stroppy and moody!!!!!! As he is on my bedside table I wake up to see him looking down at me snoring!!! haha soooooo cute

BTW to love her and all your bunch a million times over XXXX

COBettaCouple
And many s to yours too. Don't worry, sometimes we get busy but they don't hold a grudge.. some pout a few days (like Angel) but they're lovers not fighters at heart.

Allie
Tomorrow Casper will be home.

COBettaCouple
Can't wait to see your pics of him. ;D

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
COBettaCouple
Replies
Views
fishtroy
2 3