White crayfish with brown tail

chaddyfish

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a new crayfish owner with a white crayfish for about 2 weeks now. She has molted recently and now her tail seems to be brown, it wasn't before. Just wondering if this is normal and will it go away?

Thanks

IMG_8456.jpg

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
tbh she looks fine there are not many diseases these guy's get and the secret to a healthy cray are water changes and good food, they do tend to have little colour changes she looks to be in perfect health, theres also the possibility that what you are seeing is waste food travelling through and because she's Pearl white I call it anything dark may show through

OP
C

chaddyfish

Reaction score
richiep said:
tbh she looks fine there are not many diseases these guy's get and the secret to a healthy cray are water changes and good food, they do tend to have little colour changes she looks to be in perfect health, theres also the possibility that what you are seeing is waste food travelling through and because she's Pearl white I call it anything dark may show through
Thanks Richie! I'll keep an eye on her but it's makes me feel a little better to get another opinion.

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you feel there's a problem starting come back with more photos but at this time she looks really nice and healthy, water, diet, can also be a reason why the colour may change, is she a Clarkii White

New Threads